Overloaded Circuit Sparks Fla. House Fire

 

Fire crews from Daytona Beach Fire Department and Ormond Beach Fire Department responded late this morning to a residential structure fire at 832 Madison Avenue.

Firefighters made entry to the structure but fire operations were hindered by heavy smoke, intense heat, and blocked entry ways due to clutter.

After ventilating the structure, firefighters were able to make an interior attack but not before the fire caused extensive damage throughout the home.

Investigators believe the cause of the fire was from an over-loaded house circuit in the room of origin.

No injuries were reported on scene but unfortunately the family cat succumbed to smoke inhalation before being found by fire personnel.

The fire caused an estimated $45,000 worth of damage to the structure, and is uninhabitable at this time.

Loading