A fire occured at about 0815 hours on April 5, 2003.
This was the second day of a five day ice storm event in our community in Western New York.
The fire began as a result of battery failure. The battery was being used to provide back-up power to the sub pump. The fire traveled a hot air duct from the basement to a second floor bedroom making it difficult to locate at first.
The fire was under control within 25 minutes of my arrival. The fire was fought by 48 firefighters from our department and two neighboring companies.
Our department is the Bushnell's Basin Fire Association. We are located in Pittsford, New York which is in Monroe County.