Shortly after Noon on Thursday March 20, 2003 Firefighters from Mt Lodge, Salisbury Mills & Washingtonville were alerted for a possible structure fire at 73 Sylvan Trail in Mt Lodge Park.
Salisbury Mills Car-3 (Asst Chief Cestaro) arrived to a well involved 1.5 story private dwelling. Due to difficult scene access Asst Chief Cestaro transmitted a 2nd alarm bringing a tanker from Washingtonville and a FAST Team from Vails Gate. Maybrook, South Blooming Grove and Cornwall were on standby.
The home was destroyed in the Blaze which was believed to have started with a defective chimney. There were no reported injuries.