Easton, Pa. Fire Dept. Responds to Dwelling Fire


The City of Easton Fire Deprtment responded to a dwelling fire at 4:25 a.m. on the City's south side on May 19, 2010.

A 33-year-old resident was in critical condition following the fire, after going back into the burning residence to save his dog before firefighters arrived.

The dog did not survive, and it took firefighters approximately one hour to bring the fire under control.

The fire started in an electrical cord near the dining room on the first floor. It was reported that the residence had extension cords running throughout the home, and that many outlets were overloaded.

Easton was assisted by the Wilson Borough Fire Department. No other injuries were reported. The structure sustained heavy fire damage throughout the first floor and the second floor rear.