Connecticut Firefighters Respond to House Fire

A stubborn fire at 162 White Street in Hartford on Sunday night interrupted the halftime show of the Superbowl.


A stubborn fire at 162 White Street in Hartford on Sunday night interrupted the halftime show of the Superbowl.

The 3 story wood frame house had heavy fire in the basement when firefighters arrived at about 7:45pm.

The fire burned for a couple hours as snow, water problems, a natural gas leak and downed live wires gave firefighters more than enough to deal with.

At this time its believed all the occupants of the home were safely evacuated by firefighters. Neighbors were also evacuated for safety reasons.