Extention Cord Blamed for Ore. Blaze

 

A Salem, Ore. Fire Department and insurance investigators  were able to determine the origin and cause of the March 2  three-alarm fire located at the La Amapola Market at 3352 Silverton Rd NE.

Investigators determine the fire started in a storage room being used by the by one of the occupants. The fire cause was an electrical failure due to the misuse of extension cords.

The fire resulted in estimated loss of $400,000 to both the building and three occupants' contents.

Salem Fire Department wants to remind everyone to use caution when using extension cords for temporary applications.

 

Loading