Holiday Decorations May Have Caused Missouri House Fire

On Thursday, December 16, 2004, members of Central County Fire & Rescue in St. Peters, Missouri responded to a residential structure fire, assisted by Cottleville Fire Protection District and St. Charles City Fire Department.

Dispatched at 2:16 PM, the first due company was in quarters just two minutes away. Upon their arrival, they found fire venting through the roof and began an aggressive interior attack of a fully involved attic.

With the roof becoming unstable, interior crews were pulled out and a defensive attack was made using the ladder company. The fire was brought under control within minutes of the defensive being initiated.

There were no injuries in this fire believed to be a result of Christmas decorations, thanks to a passing motorist whom stopped and notified the occupants to vacate the home.

Loading