N.C. Crews Tackle Fire

 

RALEIGH - Twelve apartments were damaged and eight people were displaced after a two-alarm apartment fire at 6149 St. Giles Street on Saturday, Jan. 9.

The first arriving engine found heavy smoke showing from the second floor of a three-story, brick and frame apartment building.

A second-alarm was requested within a couple minutes. Fire spread from the second floor to the third floor and into the attic.

Crews used two aerial ladders with master streams after the fire broke through the roof.

One resident was transported with smoke inhalation. The fire was reported at 9:28 a.m.

Unattended cooking was determined as the cause. The fire started in the kitchen of a rear-unit on the second floor.

With temperatures below freezing, a salt truck was called for ice hazards.

Medical monitoring and rehab was provided by Six Forks EMS and Wake County EMS.

Loading