OCALA, FL. - A generator supplying electrical power to a mobile home was the cause of an early morning fire.
“A quick response by Ocala firefighters limited the damage to an exterior shed and the contents in one room of the mobile home,” stated Battalion Chief Mark McEarchern. The person staying in the mobile home, Wallace Brim, told fire officials he arrived home to find a fire in back of the mobile home. Firefighters responded to the call at 2:59 a.m. on Dec. 29. The fire was placed under control at 3:18 a.m. There were no injuries.