Saturday, November 27, 2004, 6:15 PM -- The Highway 58 Volunteer Fire Department was alerted to a possible Chimney fire at 6204 Morning Glory Drive in the Harrison Community. Before firefighters could even arrive on the scene, a second 911 call reported the side of the house around the chimney was also on fire.
Moments later the first Highway 58 Fire Unit arrived on the scene and immediately reported the second story of a wood frame, cedar shingle house to be heavily involved with fire.
Firefighters set up two dump tanks and quickly established a tanker shuttle to supply water for battling the blaze. With in minutes of firefighters attempting to battle the blaze, the house became fully involved and firefighters were ordered into a defensive attack mode.
Highway 58 Fire Chief called for mutual aid assistance from the Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department to help with extinguishing the fire. Firefighters with both departments battled the blaze for several hours before finally extinguishing the fire.
A woman was at home at the time the fire broke out, and luckily she was able to escape without injury. The $200,000 home was said to be a total loss. The fire was said to have possibly been caused by the home owner attempting to start a fire in the fireplace.