Vallejo, California Home Destroyed by 2-Alarm Fire

Vallejo, California firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire at 480 Whitney Ave at 8:30 AM on October 12, 2004.

Firefighters arrived at the scene in 4 minutes and found the home 75% involved in fire and all the occupants were outside. Firefighters called for a second alarm due to the two homes on either side of the fire building.

Firefighters suppressed the fire and it was placed under control in 20 minutes. The fire did major damage to the home.

Three adults and five children were displaced and the Red Cross made arrangements for them to get a motel room.

The fire was caused when a clothes dryer ignited clothes in the dryer and spread to the garage. The fire caused $250,000 in damage. No injuries were reported. Fire crews were on the scene for 2 1/2 hours performing overhaul and making the building safe.

Loading