At approximately 11 a.m. on Nov. 21, the Pinehurst, Texas Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire on Lark Street. Upon arriving, heavy smoke and flames were visible and the roof had already collapsed. A supply line was established and fire suppression began.
Assisted by West Orange Volunteer, Orange County E.S.D. #3 (Little Cypress) and Orange County E.S.D. # 4 (Mclewis) Fire Departments, the fire was brought under control quickly with no firefighter injuries.
One resident received minor burns to his thumb from attempting to extinguish the fire. The owner's three small dogs were removed from the area without any injuries also.
The fire was determined to be started from candles left burning in the residence. The investigation is closed and no charges are pending.
See Related Training Articles