The Ft. Stewart Fire Prevention Division spent the morning of Mon., June 28 at Britten Elementary teaching the students about fire safety.
The students entered the safety house and were greeted by fire inspectors who explained the hazards throughout the home. The tour began with the kitchen, where they learned about hazards including stove safety.
The students then proceeded into the living room. There they were taught fireplace safety, and told not to leave candles unattended. The students also got a chance to use a phone to pretend they were calling 911.
They then entered the last room where they learned about common fires in a bedroom including cigarettes, and the room was then filled up with smoke. The students put in place the "Stop, drop and roll" methods they learned prior to going through the trailer.