On Jan. 23 at 0027 hours, the Rossford Fire & Rescue Department responded with Northwood #1 on auto aid to well off two car garage fire with a vehicle reported inside.
The car was out of the garage but the open garage door and windy conditions allowed the blaze to quickly grow. With heavy fire on the "A" side crews were able to use one 13/4" and 21/2" handline to get the flames under control.
Incident Commander Fire Chief James Verbosky took over the scene and directed crews to perform extensive overhaul and checking for extension. It was a cold night with temps in the single digits, crews did have a good working hydrant and had no injuries reported with the subsequent slippery conditions.
The fire was caused by a wood burning stove malfunction and was ruled accidental. Damage estimated at $80,000.00, units were out 3 hours.
Rossford Units Responding-Chief 200 (Verbosky), Asst. Chief (201)Drouard, E-794,E-790,T-791
Northwood Auto Aid- Chief 100 (Romstadt), Medic 800 (Welsh),E-801.