A late night house fire completely engulfed a Jacksonville home, leaving one person homeless and killing several animals.
On Jan. 2, units from the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department were dispatched to the 2800 block of Forbes Street shortly after 2:30 a.m. for a report of a home that was fully involved. Upon arrival, firefighters from Station 10 were met with a fully engulfed, two story wood framed structure.
The house a total loss from the start, lines were pulled to protect exposures and cool 2 100lb propane tanks. The pressure relief device on one of the tanks blew, sending flames 35 feet in the air. The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department's Hazardous Materials Team was called in to burn off the remaining propane in the tank.
No firefighters were injured during the event.