On the morning of Dec. 4, Capital Region Dispatch received a radio message from a passer-by notifying them of a structure fire in the Town of Bow, N.H.
Upon arrival, a Deputy Chief from Bow determined the building to be in Concord, and a full structural assignment (four engines, one ladder-tower, and one ambulance company) was dispatched.
Due to the structure being outside of the hydrant district, additional tankers from surrounding towns were also dispatched. Ambulance 4 was first to arrive and declared a "working fire" in a 25 foot by 35 foot gambrel style barn with a 20-foot by 35-foot shed roof garage attached.
The garage portion of the building was fully involved in fire with extension into the main barn. Fire was also impinging on two 250 lb propane cylinders outside of the barn doors.
The fire was knocked down in approximately 45 minutes, after the establishment of a drafting operation.
Both buildings and their contents were a total loss.
Preliminary cause of the fire was attributed to a wood stove in the garage section of the building.
See Related Training Articles