On Dec. 4, shortly before midnight, Fire/EMS units from the Clinton, Md. area and surrounding communities were dispatched to a reported house fire.
Firefighters arrived quickly at 12911 Windbrook Drive and encountered a working fire in the basement of a one-and-a-half story, split foyer, single family home. The fire rapidly extended through the upper floor and eventually into the attic area.
It took about 30 minutes to knock the bulk of the fire down. There were a total of 45 firefighter/medics operating on the scene. One firefighter sustained an injured ankle, and was transported to an area hospital where he was treated and released.
The fire was ignited by an electrical malfunction in the basement of the home and caused an estimated $200,000 in fire loss. The Fire/EMS Department's Citizens Services Unit assisted the occupants -- five adults and one child -- with temporary arrangements.