LaGrange, Georgia -- LaGrange Fire Department units were dispatched this morning to a reported structure fire at 806 Wheelis Way. Upon arrival LFD Second Battalion Deputy Chief Ray reported a single story wood frame structure with heavy smoke and fire conditions. "Flames had already broke through the roof before we arrived on scene" said Stewart.
The elderly resident met fire officials stating she had been home alone when unattended cooking had caught the kitchen cabinets on fire.
Engine Company 1 was assigned interior attack sector while Engine Five supplied water to the scene. Other units along with a Troup County Fire Department engine were brought in for additional manpower.
The 11:09am blaze traveled the full length of the attic making access to the fire difficult for Fire Fighters. The resident's pet dog was rescued unharmed.
Fire Fighters had the fire under control within an hour. Damage to the home and it's contents were estimated at $250,000.00. There were no injuries reported in the incident.