Portland fire crews were dispatched to an apartment fire at 7017 NE 27th Ave. on Jan. 12.
Station 14 found that a second floor unit at the Dekum Court Apartments was quickly filling up with black smoke.
Firefighters made entry and extinguished the fire, which started in a closet located in a hallway.
Firefighters from Stations 2, 8 and 28 also responded and assisted with evacuation, obtaining a water supply, and laddering the roof for ventilation.
No one was home at the time, but smoke alarms alerted a neighbor and she quickly called 911.
This fire was caused by a candle that was left unattended and damages were estimated at $150,000.