An Illinois senior center was damaged by a fire that officials said was sparked by lightning in Lincoln on June 21.
The Lincoln Fire Department responded to a report of light smoke from a building at 501 Pulaski Street on the southwest side of the downtown square during the evening.
Arriving units vented the roof of the Oasis Senior Citizen Center, where a fire from an apparent lightning strike quickly grew.
The department battled the blaze, confined to the roof of the structure and first floor, implementing two tender alarms to supplement hyrdant supply in the downtown area.
Firefighters were treated for cuts and burns and the building has heavy water damage.