Fire crews rescued seven pets from a mobile home fire in Largo on Feb. 27.
Crews from Largo and Pinellas Park were dispatched about 12:45 p.m. to the Westgate Mobile Home Park for a reported grease fire.
Units from Largo’s Station 38 reported heavy smoke showing from the structure upon their arrival and found that all occupants self-evacuated prior to the fire department's arrival.
Units on scene were able to visualize at least one cat at the window of the mobile home. Crews initiated a fast attack and were able to quickly get the cat out of the structure.
There were reports of additional dogs, cats and a rabbit inside the structure. The fire was extinguished and the additional animals were rescued. All of the animals (four cats, one dogs, and one rabbit) were treated by the fire department personnel and are in good condition.
The occupants of the home were medically evaluated and there did not appear to be any serious injuries.
Largo Police Department and Sunstar Paramedics assisted at the incident.