Through The Smoke: FirstHand from Command - Multiple Firefighter Deaths
October 25th, 2007
Download this Podcast »
A firefighter line-of-duty death (LODD) is horrific, as anyone engaged in our business knows. An incident where a numerous firefighters lose their lives goes beyond horrific. The International Association of Fire Chiefs, the International Association of Fire Fighters, the U.S. Fire Administration, the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and other organizations are taking an aggressive look at how to minimize LODDs in the fire service, making it the number one leadership priority.
It is critical that we learn from past incidents and don't let history repeat itself. Join us for this special presentation by chiefs who know this issue from experience; learn from them in an intense discussion about what happened and what has changed, so that their LODD situations don't get repeated in your department.
Our guests on this edition of Through the Smoke include:
(to download their Power Point from the program, please right click on the link and select "Save As".)
• Chief Gerry Dio Worcester, MA, Fire Department - Download his PowerPoint here;
• Retired Chief Pete Hayden, New York City Fire Department - Download his PowerPoint here;
• Deputy Chief Colleen Walz, Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire - Download her PowerPoint here;
•Commissioner Lloyd Ayers, Philadelphia Fire Department - Download his PowerPoint here;
• Chief Charlie Dickinson, Deputy U.S. Fire Administrator - Download their PowerPoint here;
• Chief Stan Gibson, Coos Bay, OR, Fire and Rescue Service - Download their PowerPoint here;
Please send any suggestions, questions or comments, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Booze, Drugs, Us and Them
• Winnepeg Double LODD Report
• Charleston Phase 1 Fire Report
• The International Association of Fire Fighters on Charleston Phase 1 Fire Report
• And The Beat Goes On (Firefighter Safety & Survival DVD) Please Help Support the Ray Downey Scholarship Fund & The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
• iTunes - Subscribe to Podcast FREE Here