Leadership on the Line: Does it Take a Doctor to Lead the Fire Service?
May 30th, 2007
Download this Podcast »
The discussion focuses on education, specifically the need for a doctorate. Dr. Harry Carter, Dr. Sara Tarr, and Battalion Chief Brent Batla will offer their feelings on the importance of advanced education. Listen to hear what they have to say about the issue, and how it relates to the fire service. This is one thought-provoking session you can't afford to miss.
• Abstract: Description and Evaluation of Current Fire Service Training Materials Development By Sara Tarr, Ph.D.(PDF)
• Higher Education - Getting a Doctoral Degree by Dr. Burton A. Clark (PDF)
• Member Retention in the Volunteer Fire Service: An Analysis of the Impact of Leadership by Harry R. Carter
• Who Needs a Ph. D? by Dr. Burton A. Clark(PDF)
If you have suggestions, questions or comments, please e-mail them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• iTunes - Subscribe to Podcast FREE Here