Fire Officers Charged in Firefighter Deaths
March 17th, 2006
Download this Podcast »
Firefighters being injured and killed in the line of duty is not new. While we are making progress, the efforts must continue. In many cases, the deaths end in changes-but in so many-not much actually does change-and firefighters continue to get killed the same ways.
In March of 2005, a Fire Lieutenant and a rookie Firefighter in Canada were killed in a small, detached saw shed fire. And now, one year later, governmental charges, very serious charges have been made against that city and the Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief in the deaths of the two firefighters.
Join Radio@Firehouse.Com Through The Smoke Host Deputy Chief Billy Goldfeder along with Division Chief Aaron Feldman (Retired from the Vancouver FD), representative of the Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation as well as Chief Gordon Routley, (formerly of Shreveport, LA, Phoenix, AZ) and currently the technical advisor to the Fire Chief of Montreal, for a tough discussion of interest to all firefighters and fire officers on how various Provinces in Canada handle firefighter injury and death... and what we in the United States may be able to gain from that.
• Pittsburgh, PA. CHURCH FIRE/COLLAPSE REPORT (2 LODD)
• Chesapeake, VA. FIRE/ROOF COLLAPSE REPORT (2 LODD)
• Phoenix, AZ. SUPERMARKET FIRE REPORT (1 LODD)
• Phoenix, AZ FIREFIGHTER FATALITY STUDY/ARTICLE FROM PFD
• Yellowknife, CN Fire Article
• Deja Vu-All Over Again-All Over Again: (Pittsburgh and Yellowknife)
• Weekly Fire Drills from FirefighterCloseCalls.Com
• Downloadable Drills from Firehouse.Com
If you have suggestions, questions or comments, please e-mail them to: email@example.com
• iTunes - Subscribe to Podcast FREE Here