Firehouse.com writer Ed Ballam talks with Rick Suche, president and owner of Fort Garry Fire Trucks Ltd., an apparatus builder in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Rick has been in the fire service for 30 years serving as a volunteer firefighter as well as building fire apparatus that are used in some of the most extreme climates in the world, including the Arctic.
Listen as he discusses maintenance and mechanical concerns that his vehicles face as they often work in extreme envoirnments.
More Articles and Podcasts From This Series
- Severe Service Maintenance: Caring for the Heart - Engines and Transmissions
- Severe Service Maintenance: Heating, Cooling and Climate Control
- Severe Service Maintenance: Pump and Body Considerations
- Severe Service Maintenance: Undercarriage Care
- Firehouse Roundtable Apparatus Maintenance
- Apparatus Makers Recommend Routine Maintenance for Safety
- Following Manufacturers’ Guides Keeps Apparatus in Top Condition
- Finding Qualified Technicians is Key to Apparatus Maintenance
- Podcast: Apparatus Maintenance: Bill Foster on Apparatus Safety
- Podcast:: Apparatus Maintenance: Glenn Davis on Preventative Maintenance Programs