2009 Fire/EMS Safety Week: USFA Roundtable on Firefighter Safety
June 15th, 2009
Download this Podcast »
Firehouse.com Senior Writer Susie Nicol and U.S. Fire Administration's Acting Administor Glenn Gaines hosted a podcast with several leading experts in firefighter safety to help kick off this year's Fire/EMS Safety, Health & Survival Week.
The guests include: Al Conners, advisor to USFA acting administor; Chiefs Bob Dube and Billy Goldfeder from the IAFC: Jim Brinkley and Rich Duffy from the IAFF; John Proels and Ron Siarnicki from the NFFF; Phil Stittleburg from the NVFC and Dr. Burt Clark and Bill Troup from the USFA.
The panelists discuss size-up concerns, mental health issues, the impact of budgets on firefighter safetand much more. Listen as each guests offers their view on the main obstacle to improving firefighter safety.
For more on this years 2009 Fire/EMS Safety, Health and Survival Week, visit: http://www.firehouse.com/safety-week.html.
Please send any questions or comments to: email@example.com
Pictured clockwise: Firehouse.com's Susan Nicols Kyle, Dr. Burton Clark, Acting USFA Fire Administrator Glenn Gaines, Louisa, Va. Chief Robert DubÃ© and Bill Troup of the USFA. (Photo by USFA)
• Blog: Safety Week Roundtables - June 14 to June 20
• U.S. Fire Administration
• National Fire Service and EMS Seat Belt Pledge
• Podcast: Leadership on The Line: Depression in the Fire Service
• Everyone Goes Home
• The International Association of Fire Chiefs
• IAFC's Safety, Health & Survival Section
• International Association of Fire Fighters
• IAFF's Wellness-Fitness Initiative
• National Fallen Firefighter's Foundation
• National Volunteer Fire Council
• iTunes - Subscribe to Podcast Free Here