The NFPA's Fire-Safe Cigarette Campaign
September 25th, 2008
Download this Podcast »
In this segment of the National Fire Protection Association Podcast, we focus on the Fire-Safe Cigarette (FSC) campaign. Already a majority of states have passed FSC legislation to require manufacturers to produce and market only cigarettes that adhere to an established fire safety performance standard.
NFPA President Jim Shannon answers questions about our organization's involvement in the FSC campaign and why the fire service played such a crucial role.
We also hear from three state officials involved in FSC enforcement, Paul Martin the acting chief at New York's Bureau of Fire Prevention, Vermont's Assistant State Fire Marshal Robert Howe, and Anita Philips the license and permit services manager with the Oregon Fire Marshal's office.
Please send any suggestions, questions or comments, to: email@example.com.
• The Coalition for Fire-Safe Cigarettes
• Daily News on the FSC Blog
• Video: Jim Shannon's Introduction to NFPA's FSC Campaign
• State-by-State Action on Fire-Safe Cigarettes
• Model Legislation
• About Fire-Safe Cigarettes
• The U.S. Smoking Material Fire Problem
• iTunes - Subscribe to Podcast FREE Here