APPLETON, Wis. (March 14, 2011) – Pierce Manufacturing, an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE:OSK) company, has launched a more robust and user-friendly website – one that allows the viewer more opportunities to receive updated information, interact and experience Pierce online. The new site features comprehensive product information with an enhanced new truck delivery section. An all-new Pierce Experience section highlights customer truck stories and showcases videos of departments throughout the journey of building their truck. Web visitors can experience these Pierce offerings and more at www.piercemfg.com.
“Launching this new Pierce website is part of our direct and ongoing response to feedback we receive from our customers, dealers and employees,” said Jim Johnson, Oshkosh Corporation executive vice president and president, Fire & Emergency. “For those who follow the fire and emergency industry, the Pierce website has grown to become a leading resource for gathering the latest and most innovative information on apparatus. Our new site will continue to set the standard for providing fresh content that reflects the interests of fire and emergency professionals.”
Among the featured areas of the new site are these destinations:
- • A new “Pierce Experience” section with new sections like “Truck Stories” and “The Process” www.piercemfg.com/en/experience.aspx
- “Truck Story” videos follow departments through the process of departments building their trucks. www.piercemfg.com/en/experience/the-customer/truck-stories.aspx
- “The Process” area will take you Inside Pierce to show the manufacturing process of building a Pierce truck, starting from the frame rails to final delivery. www.piercemfg.com/en/experience/the-process.aspx
- A new look “New Deliveries” section with an enhanced search function. www.piercemfg.com/en/experience/new-deliveries.aspx
- Social media integration including Pierce’s Facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/pierce) and You Tube channel (www.youtube.com/user/piercemfg).
- A comprehensive product information section with specifications, videos, downloads, photos and more for all types of chassis, pumpers, aerials, rescues and specialty vehicles. www.piercemfg.com/en/trucks.aspx
- “The Difference” section with in-depth exploration of what constitutes the Pierce Difference with industry innovations in Safety and Product Technology. www.piercemfg.com/en/experience/the-difference.aspx
- A larger “Service and Support” section with access to operator manuals, an online parts and accessories store, a training events calendar, dealer links and 24/7 contact information. www.piercemfg.com/en/service.aspx
The Pierce website is extremely popular in the industry. Each month, it attracts several thousand unique visitors.