Brandon, S.D., April 22, 2010 – Crimson Fire, Inc. will display new vehicles and product innovations at the fire-rescue industry's biggest trade show, which begins today.
Crimson Fire, which is a subsidiary of Spartan Motors, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPAR), will showcase two new vehicles, an innovative new hose loader and other apparatus from its custom line of pumpers, tankers, aerials and other emergency-response vehicles at Booth 2433 during the Fire Department Instructors Conference, which runs through April 24 in Indianapolis, Ind.
"At Crimson Fire, innovation is one of our cornerstones," said Kevin Crump, president of Crimson Fire. "We are very pleased to introduce several new vehicles and new technology advances at FDIC as we have done for the last seven years. Our goal is to develop solutions that allow emergency-response workers to be safe and effective in their profession. We feel that we have a great line up at this year's show."
The Crimson Fire booth will feature:
• Transformer®, a new pumper with integrated pump that eliminates the traditional pump house by locating the pump and manifold system just forward of the rear wheels. This unique design offers improved performance and handling, as well as a significant increase in storage space.
• A production version of the new First Response All Calls™ vehicle, a unique multi-purpose vehicle that gives departments broad fire-fighting, emergency-response and command capabilities.
• A 75-foot Star® series aerial ladder with a patent-pending hose loader, a new product innovation from Crimson Fire. The hose loader will allow firefighters to repack their hosebed without having to climb on the vehicle.
• A Legend® series rescue pumper with a dual-arm ladder rack.
• A 100-foot Star series aerial rear-mount platform, featuring new and improved aerial controls that eliminate the need for the "deadman" switch in the aerial bucket. This aerial will also feature independent front suspension from Spartan Chassis.
• A Star series pumper from the City of Dallas Fire Department that features a rescue pumper design, which is a first for the department.
About Crimson Fire
Crimson Fire is a leading manufacturer of custom fire trucks and other rescue vehicles. A subsidiary of Spartan Motors, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPAR), Crimson Fire is committed to quality, value and innovation. Drawing on more than 130 years of excellence in fire truck manufacturing, Crimson Fire manufactures a full line of pumpers, rescues, aerials, quick-attack vehicles and other emergency-rescue vehicles from its facilities in Pennsylvania and South Dakota. For more information, visit www.crimson-fire.com.
About Spartan Motors
Spartan Motors, Inc. (www.spartanmotors.com) designs, engineers and manufactures specialty chassis, specialty vehicles and truck bodies and aftermarket parts for the outdoor recreation/RV, emergency-response, defense, government services, delivery and service markets. The company's brand names - Spartan™, Crimson Fire™, Crimson Fire Aerials™, Road Rescue™ and Utilimaster® - are known for quality, value, service and being the first to market with innovative products. The company employs approximately 1,600 at facilities in Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Indiana and Texas. Spartan reported sales of $430 million in 2009 and is focused on becoming a global leader in the manufacture of specialty vehicles and chassis.