INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – April 21, 2010 – RAE Systems Inc. (NYSE Amex: RAE) today announced it will showcase its top-of-the-line gas-detection solutions – including its industry-leading wireless systems – at the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC 2010) in Indianapolis, Ind. April 19-24 with a "dramatic" enactment of an hazardous-materials incident and real-time response. The simulated events will take place hourly at RAE Systems booth #1541. Over 28,000 first responders are expected to attend this annual three-day event.
"This is such an important show for our firefighting and first-responder customers that we’ve increased our presence significantly this year," said Bill Jackson, vice president of marketing for RAE Systems. "As a long-time exhibitor at FDIC, this is a wonderful opportunity to show attendees – in an fun way – how our industry-leading technology and products can help response teams manage dangerous incidents while protecting themselves and others."
Between shows, RAE Systems, a leader in delivering innovative sensor solutions that provide safety and security from unseen threats in industrial, energy, environmental and government markets worldwide, will display its wide range of gas-detection solutions for the country’s firefighting and first-responder community.
Products featured for HazMat applications include:
• AreaRAE Steel™, the 5-sensor, wireless detection system;
• ProRAE Guardian, a new intelligent, real-time software platform that provides a remote "virtual command center" and industry-leading interoperability;
• RAELink 3, the open data bridge for AreaRAE networks;
• LifeShirt, a durable, lightweight chest strap with embedded sensors that can be integrated with the AreaRAE™ to remotely monitor the vital signs of first responders;
• PlumeRAE™, the toxic plume measurement system;
• DustTrak, the particle detection and measurement systems
Featured handheld gas detection products include:
• MultiRAE Plus™, the original handheld, multi-gas monitor with photoionization detection (PID);
• MiniRAE 3000™, an advanced handheld volatile organic compound (VOC) detector with an extended PID range up to 15,000 ppm;
• ppbRAE 3000™, an advanced handheld VOC detector with an extended PID range of 1 ppb to 10,000 ppm;
• QRAE II™ the new, compact, one-to-four-sensor gas detector for combustibles, oxygen, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide and carbon monoxide, as well as the companion calibration/ bump test station, the AutoRAE Lite;
• ToxiRAE 3™, the single-gas detectors for carbon monoxide and hydrogen sulfide as well as the companion calibration/ bump test station, the AutoRAE Lite.
Specialized public-venue protection products will include:
• GammaRAE II R ™, the first intrinsically safe gamma radiation dosimeter/detector;
• NeutronRAE™, the intrinsically safe, gamma and neutron radiation detector,
• ChemRAE ™, an ion mobility spectroscopy analyzer, for chemical warfare agent detection.
About RAE Systems
RAE Systems is a leading global provider of rapidly deployable connected, intelligent gas detection systems that enable real-time safety and security threat detection. RAE Systems products are used in more than 95 countries by many of the world’s leading corporations and government agencies.
RAE Systems offers a full line of wirelessly enabled solutions including personal, hand-held, transportable, and fixed instruments designed to meet the needs of any usage scenario. Applications energy production, refining, industrial and environmental safety, public venue safety and government first responder sectors.
For more information about RAE Systems, please visit raesystems.com.