INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – April 21, 2010 – RAE Systems Inc. (NYSE Amex: RAE) today announced it will showcase its top-of-the-line gas-detection solutions – including its industry-leading wireless systems – at the Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC 2010) in Indianapolis, Ind. April 19-24 with a "dramatic" enactment of an hazardous-materials incident and real-time response. The simulated events will take place hourly at RAE Systems booth #1541. Over 28,000 first responders are expected to attend this annual three-day event.
"This is such an important show for our firefighting and first-responder customers that we’ve increased our presence significantly this year," said Bill Jackson, vice president of marketing for RAE Systems. "As a long-time exhibitor at FDIC, this is a wonderful opportunity to show attendees – in an fun way – how our industry-leading technology and products can help response teams manage dangerous incidents while protecting themselves and others."
Between shows, RAE Systems, a leader in delivering innovative sensor solutions that provide safety and security from unseen threats in industrial, energy, environmental and government markets worldwide, will display its wide range of gas-detection solutions for the country’s firefighting and first-responder community.
Products featured for HazMat applications include:
• AreaRAE Steel™, the 5-sensor, wireless detection system;
• ProRAE Guardian, a new intelligent, real-time software platform that provides a remote "virtual command center" and industry-leading interoperability;
• RAELink 3, the open data bridge for AreaRAE networks;
• LifeShirt, a durable, lightweight chest strap with embedded sensors that can be integrated with the AreaRAE™ to remotely monitor the vital signs of first responders;
• PlumeRAE™, the toxic plume measurement system;
• DustTrak, the particle detection and measurement systems
Featured handheld gas detection products include:
• MultiRAE Plus™, the original handheld, multi-gas monitor with photoionization detection (PID);
• MiniRAE 3000™, an advanced handheld volatile organic compound (VOC) detector with an extended PID range up to 15,000 ppm;
• ppbRAE 3000™, an advanced handheld VOC detector with an extended PID range of 1 ppb to 10,000 ppm;
• QRAE II™ the new, compact, one-to-four-sensor gas detector for combustibles, oxygen, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide and carbon monoxide, as well as the companion calibration/ bump test station, the AutoRAE Lite;
• ToxiRAE 3™, the single-gas detectors for carbon monoxide and hydrogen sulfide as well as the companion calibration/ bump test station, the AutoRAE Lite.
Specialized public-venue protection products will include:
• GammaRAE II R ™, the first intrinsically safe gamma radiation dosimeter/detector;
• NeutronRAE™, the intrinsically safe, gamma and neutron radiation detector,
• ChemRAE ™, an ion mobility spectroscopy analyzer, for chemical warfare agent detection.
About RAE Systems
RAE Systems is a leading global provider of rapidly deployable connected, intelligent gas detection systems that enable real-time safety and security threat detection. RAE Systems products are used in more than 95 countries by many of the world’s leading corporations and government agencies.