Junior firefighters can now take advantage of the many great benefits of being a member of the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC). The NVFC is offering a new membership option especially designed for junior firefighters. A year-long Junior Membership to the NVFC can now be purchased for just $10 at www.nvfc.org/membership. The membership will become active on January 1, 2010.
Junior firefighters can still register for free with the NVFC’s National Junior Firefighter Program to log their hours of service online, search the database of registered departments, and access resources on the National Junior Firefighter Program web site. Beginning January 1, however, only NVFC Junior Members will be eligible to receive incentive rewards for their volunteer hours. Learn more about the National Junior Firefighter Program at www.nvfc.org/juniors.
Each NVFC Junior Member will receive the following benefits:
* Special incentive rewards for achieving certain volunteer hour benchmarks
* A subscription to the NVFC’s printed and electronic newsletters
* Access to the members-only section of the NVFC web site
* A personalized membership card
* Discounts on products and services from NVFC partners
* Discounted trade show and event admission
* A 10 percent discount and waived application fee to Columbia Southern University, a leading online university that offers fire science degree programs
* Eligibility to join the FASNY Credit Union, which offers a wide range of money-saving deposit and lending products, such as loans to pay for college
Junior memberships also make a great gift. Junior firefighters and Explorers work hard to help the department year-round – reward them with a year-long membership to the NVFC. Visit www.nvfc.org/membership or contact the NVFC at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the new Junior Membership opportunity.