CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (April 19, 2012) — Hale Products unveiled the Qmax-XS, a new concept in compact, high-GPM pumps, today at the FDIC show in Indianapolis (Booth 1823). Capable of flows exceeding 3,000 GPM, Qmax-XS has a one-piece, compact body profile that minimizes piping requirements and increases premium storage space on an apparatus.
The sleek design of the Qmax-XS allows it to be installed in a pump module as small as 34 inches wide with manual valves or 28 inches wide with electric valves. This gives firefighters the ability to knock down large fires, plus have body side compartment space for tools and EMS equipment.
Qmax-XS is engineered to go beyond the 2,250-GPM NPFA rating and exceed 3,000 GPM from a sufficient positive pressure water source along with an appropriate engine. Its double suction impeller with dual cutwater design reduces shaft loading for long life while increasing suction performance and efficiency.
The pump’s one-piece upper body minimizes potential piping leaks, and makes maintenance and service easy.
Other features of the Qmax-XS include:
- Twelve standard four-inch discharge ports designed to flow in excess of 1,500 GPM with low pressure drop.
- Tank to pump connections, featuring a single 3-inch valve to provide flows up to 600 GPM, and a 4-inch valve that will flow 1,100 GPM.
- Large suction inlets on the right and left side deliver pump capacities beyond the NFPA 1901 standard ratings.
- Close-supported impeller minimizes shaft deflection, reducing wear on shaft, impeller, clearance rings and bearings.
- Auto-Lube, an impeller shaft sleeve bearing system, automatically lubricates itself with oil, sealing out dirt and water to extend pump life.
Additionally, the Qmax-XS is available with three heavy-duty gearbox options: The Hale G-Style gearbox, the Hale K-Style gearbox and the Hale GXS Gearbox.
To learn more about the Qmax-XS or to schedule an interview with a Hale representative at FDIC, contact Debra Yemenijian at (610) 269-2100, ext. 224, or email@example.com.
Hale, based in Conshohocken, Pa., is a fire and rescue equipment company founded in 1914 by three Pennsylvania firefighters who believed they could build a better fire pump. Today, the company has grown through new product innovation and strategic acquisitions to supply pump modules, compressed air foam systems, electronic controls and valves. For more information, visit www.haleproducts.com.