The Alabama Association of Fire Chiefs (AAFC) is collaborating with Columbia Southern University (CSU) to present their summer conference, “Leadership Today,” June 16-19 at the Perdido Beach Resort in Orange Beach.
The keynote address will be given by noted musician and customer service advocate Dave Carroll of the “United Breaks Guitars” video and book.
He will discuss “Customer Service in the Age of Social Media” and help attendees learn the importance of social media. “I think the conference is an outstanding opportunity for fire service personnel from Alabama and any other state to network and listen to well-informed speakers to enrich their development,” said AAFC President James St. John, who is fire chief and interim city manager for Vestavia Hills.
“I’m looking forward to it because the conferences always enriches me.” St. John will provide remarks on June 17 and added that Carroll will provide “ideas to provoke thought that we can take back to our communities and allow us to provide more effective services.”
Any who serve in the fire service from any state are welcome to attend.
Topics to be covered at the AAFC conference include:
• Alabama State Fire College
• “The Privilege of Leadership”
• “Observations from 30,000: Leadership Challenges and Opportunities for the American Fire Service”
• “Firefighter Rehabilitation and Medical Monitoring”
• “Preparing Fire Officers for Promotional Assessments” Registration details:
• AAFC Summer Conference o $250 for AAFC members, CSU students, alumni and learning partners o $275 for non-members.