Firefighter Bit by Snake Hospitalized in Florida

A firefighter working the Honey Prairie fire in the Okefenokee Swamp was bitten by a venomous snake and flown to a hospital from the fire line Monday.The bite happened on the east side of the fire about 11:50 a.m., fire officials said. Anthony Heard, 28, was bitten by a pygmy rattlesnake on the left leg while patrolling the line, officials said. They said he has been working on the fire as an engine crew member with Chloeta Fire LLC, from Oklahoma City, Okla.

Loading