Fire crews in Lawrence were battling massive flames at two triple-deckers early Thursday.
Crews were facing a tough three-alarm fire at 101 Greenwood Street.
Investigators said a woman's cigarette lighter sparked the blaze.
They said she lost her cell phone and used the lighter to find it, but ended up lighting her bedding on fire.
No one was injured, but 20 people escaped the blaze at the two buildings.
Police said they shut down several roads in the area to battle the blaze.
Copyright 2008 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.