Firefighters Rescue Dog From California Blaze

Aug. 28, 2008
A resident was treated at the scene for minor burns.


A fire destroyed both units of a Hemet duplex Wednesday and injured a resident, but firefighters managed to rescue a pet dog by giving it oxygen.

The blaze at 43830 C St. was reported about 3:30 p.m., according to Massiel Ladron De Guevara, information officer for Cal Fire.

The fire began for unknown reasons in a common attic of the duplex and spread to both units, De Guevara said.

A resident was treated at the scene for minor burns, said Cal Fire information officer Cheri Patterson, who said crews battled 100-degree-plus temperatures and "a little bit of wind issue."

Copyright 2008 by and KNBC (NBC4 Los Angeles). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Voice Your Opinion!

To join the conversation, and become an exclusive member of Firehouse, create an account today!