Pooch Rescued by Owner in Georgia

June 2, 2008
The woman performed CPR on the dog.


After escaping her burning Cobb County home early Monday morning a woman rushed back into the fire to save her dog.

Cindy Holbrook performed CPR on her pet after pulling him from the fire.

Holbrook had just escaped from the home on Ben Hill St. along with three other residents when she realized her dog was still inside. That's when she ran back into the home, scooped up her pet and rushed him to safety.

"I ran in and got the dog," said Holbrook. "He was almost dead so I gave him CPR and the fireman give him some oxygen and he's still breathing."

Firefighters said the fire started when someone put smoldering ashes in a trashcan right next to the house.

Copyright 2008 by . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Voice Your Opinion!

To join the conversation, and become an exclusive member of Firehouse, create an account today!