FDNY Crews Rescue Teen from Shaft on Bridge

The 16-year-old was critically injured after falling 50 feet down a shaft on the Queensboro Bridge.
Feb. 17, 2026

Colin Mixson, Kerry Burke

New York Daily News

(TNS)

A 16-year-old boy is in critical condition after falling 50 feet down a shaft on the Queensboro Bridge, authorties said Tuesday.

First responders rescued the victim, who was sufferening from hypothermia, from the shaft on the lower level of the Manhattan-bound side of the bridge about 9 p.m. Monday, an FDNY spokesman said. It wasn’t clear how long he had been down the shaft or how he got there.

Medics rushed the teen to New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell in critical condition, FDNY officials said.

©2026 New York Daily News. Visit nydailynews.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

 

Sign up for our eNewsletters
Get the latest news and updates

Voice Your Opinion!

To join the conversation, and become an exclusive member of Firehouse, create an account today!