Firefighters assigned to St. Paul Fire Station 7 cover an area mixed with commercial and residential structures and a vacant brewery.
Each shift has nine members on-duty, including three firefighters and one captain assigned to each Engine 7 and Ladder 7 and a district chief assigned to Chief 3.
The station was built in 1930. The second floor features bunk rooms for each company, offices for both captains and the district chief, a computer/study room and a workout room.
Several boards adorn the walls of the engine captain's office featuring patches from various fire companies and stations 7.
The ladder responds from the left bay, the center bay houses the engine. The chief responds out of the right bay. The tight space requires Chief 3 to respond with a smaller vehicle. Behind the chief's bay is the kitchen.
The station is nicknamed "The Alamo" because all of the surrounding stations have medic rigs and Station 7 does not.