RONKONKOMA, NY, December 11, 2018 – First responders and supporting IT staff wear many hats and use many tools. In the station they need to master desktop computing tasks and data backups, in the field they need to handle rugged portable devices and on the road they need to carry and stow all their gear, run with full lights and sirens, and stay connected with the station. Keeping up with what’s new and useful can be difficult. That’s why Island Tech Services (ITS) (www.itsg.us.com), a leading provider of advanced technology, mobility and vehicle solutions, released a series of videos that tackle many of the topics that are top of mind for the first responder community. The entire video collection can be found on the ITS website at http://ow.ly/PlBN30mSEBX or by using the individual links below.
First Responder Tech Topics
The first set of videos below have been produced by Island Tech Services to provide insight into common tools and technologies available to first responders and supporting IT staff. The final three educational videos were produced by Cognistar, a leading provider of accredited professional education and training to Fortune 500 companies, that interviewed ITS experts to produce these videos.
- Mobility Solutions – Rugged, Semi-Rugged and Consumer Devices. In this video presented by Island Tech Services, ITS CEO and Partner Robert Gronenthal walks viewers through the differences among rugged, semi-rugged and consumer mobile laptops and tablets. This is perfect for workers in the field who are looking for the right type of device, with the appropriate durable characteristics, to match their jobs. Watch the video at http://ow.ly/TpGt30mSDd2.
- Vehicle Solutions – Lighting Options and In-Vehicle Storage. In this two-video series presented by Island Tech Services, viewers can see the importance of choosing the right lights and storage options for their vehicles. In the first video, Gronenthal puts some of the newest light bars through their paces to showcase that there is more to it than bright lights on top of first responder vehicles – it’s an entire visual communications system. In the second video in this series, Gronenthal demonstrates that the storage inside those vehicles must be purpose-built to contain the critical gear that first responder carry. Both videos can be viewed at http://ow.ly/qORf30mSDjT.
- Vehicle-based Connectivity vs. Client-based Connectivity. In this video presented by Island Tech Services, ITS Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO) and Partner Tanya Morrison compares vehicle-based vs. client-based connectivity for maintaining voice and data communications from the road. Morrison says that there isn’t one “right” choice. Instead, it’s the environment and the type of call that often determines which type of connectivity will work best. See the video at http://ow.ly/D0Ka30mSDzA.
- A look at Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS). In this learning video from Cognistar, ITS COO and Partner Peter Vescovo details why disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) may be a better option for many businesses over more traditional backup plans. The in-depth video report also offers several best practices for organizations considering a DRaaS solution. Watch the video at http://ow.ly/asQ530mSE5e.
- Law Enforcement Technology Solutions in the Field. Technology-based solutions are improving the safety of both law enforcement professionals as well as the public they are dedicated to serve. In this learning video from Cognistar, ITS CEO and Partner Gronenthal discusses how technologies including facial recognition, street cameras and drones, body cameras and license plate readers, mobile fingerprint readers and communication devices are being adopted by law enforcement organizations around the country. View the video at http://ow.ly/HBCh30mSEgK.
- Understanding Emerging Wireless Technologies. This learning video from Cognistar features ITS CBDO and Partner Morrison who has extensive expertise resolving complex technical issues for business professionals, first responders, and public sector employees. Here she discusses today’s wireless technology landscape and what IT and business professionals need to understand most about the rising wireless technology paradigm. Watch the video at http://ow.ly/vMhT30mSEp1.
Want to Learn More?
- Get more details about the Technology, Mobility and Vehicle Solutions ITS offers at http://ow.ly/DrBe30kzGBv.
- Watch a video and learn a little more about the history of Island Tech Services at http://ow.ly/4Ctm30mSEs4.
About Island Tech Services
Island Tech Services (ITS) www.itsg.us.com), is a leading provider of advanced technology, mobility and vehicle solutions to business professionals, first responders and public-sector employees throughout the country. For nearly 20 years, we have helped customers incorporate technology in their work to increase performance, efficiency and security. Our comprehensive and integrated technologies and services span from headquarters, to field techs, to command vehicles. For more information about ITS, please contact us at 888-614-2770 or visit http://www.itsg.us.com/