The editors at Firehouse are interested in reviewing articles related to a variety of topics—fire attack, leadership, wildland fire operations, hazmat response, apparatus, health and fitness, and more. Some general guidelines:
- Articles should be between 750 and 2,500 words.
- Accompanying photos are appreciated but not required.
- Articles should be written in a tone that is formal but not academic.
- Articles should not focus on any particular company or products.
- Articles should ideally be authored or co-authored by a member of the fire service community.
The Firehouse Editorial Calendar is located within our Media Kit. We encourage you to review the Editorial Calendar if you are interested in submitting an article for the print publication and would like to see the topics we are pursuing. Please note that all articles are slated for publication at least 3 months in advance.
To submit an article, please email Rich Dzierwa at email@example.com.
The editors at Firehouse Magazine and Firehouse.com are interested in reviewing high-quality photos that depict fire personnel engaged in a variety of operations. Some general guidelines:
- Photos should depict fire personnel engaging in active fireground operations. All photos will be evaluated based on the events depicted and, when appropriate, screened for safety issues.
- Photos should be high quality (at least 3 x 5 inches at 300 dpi for print and 72 dpi for online).
- Photos must not have been previously published in a competitor magazine.
- Please send no more than 12 photos from an incident.
If you are interested in submitting photos for consideration in the print magazine, please use the FTP site WeTransfer.
- Go to www.wetransfer.com
- Select the zipped folder of photos you want to upload
- Enter the email address as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter a message/caption info; please include your name
- Hit Transfer
If you are interested in submitting events for consideration, please submit your event details here.
If you are interested in submitting a station to In Quarters, please submit your information here.
If you are interested in submitting an apparatus for inclusion in the Apparatus Showcase, please submit your apparatus details here.