APPLETON, WI -- piercemfg.com/climb. Co-sponsored by the Green Bay Metro Fire Department, the event is not just for first responders – but all who want to take part in honoring the 343 fallen firefighters of September 11, 2001. Last year’s record attendance included 2,700 residents, firefighters, and local businesses, who together raised more than $135,000 to directly benefit the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF)., an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE:OSK) company, announced today that registration is now open for the seventh annual 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb taking place at historic Lambeau Field on Saturday, September 7, 2019. Pre-registration and event details are available at
“Many watched in disbelief as we saw the events unfold on September 11, 2001, and in the months following our nation demonstrated fortitude and perseverance,” said Chief David W. Litton of the Green Bay Metro Fire Department. “The 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb not only gives us the chance to honor the fallen heroes of that day, but also memorializes fallen heroes nationwide, and raises critical funds to establish benefits, programs, grief support, and more for the families of brave men and women who have devoted their lives to fire service.”
The 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb is not a timed race, but a way for firefighters and the community to honor and remember the New York firefighters who selflessly gave their lives on that fateful day. All are welcome to participate regardless of age or fitness level. Participants are invited to ascend the equivalent of 110 stories – the height of the fallen World Trade Center Towers – on the steps of Lambeau Field. Each climber is given a badge with the name and photograph to symbolically complete the climb with one of the fallen firefighters of 9/11. At the equivalent of the 78th floor of the World Trade Center towers (the highest level reached), each climber will ring a fire bell in honor of the firefighter represented on their badge.
“Once again, we are honored to partner with the Green Bay Metro Fire Department to support the NFFF and the families of the fallen firefighters,” said Jim Johnson, president of Pierce Manufacturing. “Regardless if you are a firefighter or a community member – everyone has a reason to climb.”
Event details include:
- Event registration is $30 per climber until June 2, 2019, $35 per climber until August 4, 2019, and $40 per person, thereafter.
- Pre-registrants will receive an event t-shirt and all climbers will receive an honor badge.
- Climbers can pre-register and check in the evening before the climb from 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. near Lot 5 at Lambeau Field.
- An opening ceremony will take place at 9:00 a.m. featuring the Presentation of the Colors, National Anthem, and a prayer. Climbing safety guidelines and instructions will be announced prior to the bagpiper procession into the stadium.
- Start times will be organized into 10-minute waves of 343 climbers and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Entertainment will be provided on the stage near the Kwik Trip Gate for event supporters and participants waiting to climb.
- Climbers will be given a badge with the name and photograph of one of the fallen firefighters, to symbolically complete the climb with one of the fallen.
- All funds raised benefit the NFFF.
- Pre-registration, event details and FAQs are available on the Facebook event page or at piercemfg.com/climb.
Since establishing a partnership with the NFFF, Pierce has helped raised more than $635,000 to support the NFFF’s mission to develop and expand programs that honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes and provide resources to assist their families in rebuilding their lives. Through the Fire Hero Family Network, support networks, conferences, workshops and scholarships, the NFFF has led a nationwide effort to develop and expand programming for the entire fire service community.
For more information about Pierce Manufacturing, the NFFF, and the 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb, visit.
About Pierce Manufacturing
Pierce Manufacturing Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation [NYSE: OSK] company, is the leading North American manufacturer of custom fire apparatus. Products include custom and commercial pumpers, aerials, rescue trucks, wildland trucks, minipumpers, elliptical tankers, and homeland security apparatus. In addition, Pierce designs its own foam systems and was the first company to introduce frontal airbags and the Side Roll Protection system to fire apparatus. To learn more about Pierce, visit.