Blaze at Stacyville, ME, Fire Department Blamed on Lithium-ion Batteries

May 23, 2024
The fire was extinguished quickly but apparatus and the building sustained damage.

Charging lithium-ion batteries are being blamed for sparking a fire at the Stacyville Fire Department Tuesday night.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but the station and apparatus sustained damage, according to WABI. 

The fire was ruled accidental. 

A firefighter was taken to the hospital for a leg injury. But, officials saidit was not related to the incident at the station. 

About the Author News

Content curated and written by Firehouse editorial staff, including Susan Nicol, Steven Shaw, Peter Matthews, Ryan Baker and Rich Dzierwa.